Did you know that you can create vibrant and effective marketing documents directly through Point? You Can! Point gives you the option to design, build, and print any marketing document through Point, with the capability to merge the documents with your current Point contacts! Market to potential buyers, past clients–whoever you want to—all from Point.
It’s all about creating custom forms. It is really easy and you can make it as fun as you want to. Modify colorful Word templates or design a simple welcome letter—it’s up to you.
- The first step in creating a new custom form is to set up a Custom Form Template. In the Navigation Panel on the left of the Point screen, click the Templates tab. Select the Custom Forms/Letters/Email checkbox and then click the New button. The New Custom Form window appears. Enter a name for the form you want to create, and click OK.
- Microsoft Word® opens, showing a blank document, along with the Point Custom Form window.
- In Microsoft Word, you can create your form, and select Point fields from the Select Point Field dropdown list to insert Point merged fields into your document. Once you select a field, click the Insert button to put it into your document.
- If the field you need is not in the dropdown list, select Other Point Fields Not Listed Above and click Insert. The Insert Point Field window will appear. Enter the Field ID and click Insert.
- When you are finished creating your document, click Save, then click Close.
If you already have templates or documents in MS Word that you’d like to use, we’ve got you covered, too! You can easily import those documents into Point to use with your contacts.
- In Point’s left navigation panel, click the Templates tab. Select the Custom Forms/Letters/Email checkbox, and then click the Import button at the top of the workspace. If the Word document contains Mail Merge fields, the following message appears stating that those fields are no longer available after import. Click Yes.
- The Select Word File(s) to Import box will appear. Highlight the Word file or files you want to import and click Open.
- The document you selected is added to Point.
And you’re done! If you want to see screen shots, you can follow the link here to see instructions for Custom Forms and other tips you can use!