Keeping your contacts in one database can save you time and sanity when preparing marketing or disclosure documents through Point. Cardex allows you to import your Outlook contacts directly into your Point contacts database for quick and easy documents and labels. Here’s what you need to do:
Preparing the Outlook Address Book for import
- Point can only import contacts from the Outlook Address Book. Note: Only Outlook Contacts with E-mail Addresses are imported into Cardex.
- Go to the Folder List pane on the left and open the Contacts folder.
- Under My Contacts, right-click your Address Book and select Properties.
- Click the Outlook Address Book tab.
- Select “Show this Folder as an Email Address Book.”
- Click Apply. Click OK.
Importing from Outlook to Cardex
- Open Point.
- From the Menu bar, select Utilities > Cardex Database.
- When the Cardex Database opens, go to the Menu bar and select File > Import.
- In the Import window, select Outlook Contacts and click Next.
- If you are prompted, choose the profile containing your Outlook Address Book and click OK.
- The Outlook Address Books window opens with the books available for import. Select the desired book or books and click Next.
- On the Import Table Mapping screen, the Cardex fields appear in the left column. Select the correct Outlook Address Book field in the Mapped From column then click Finish.
To see screen shots, please open our Knowledge Base article #0080.
My next Cardex post will show you how to import contacts from web-based email platforms such as Hotmail, Gmail, Yahoo, etc.