Last post I explained how to import your Outlook address book directly into your Point Cardex database. If you’re not using Outlook, you may be wondering if you can use Cardex for all of your email and marketing needs. You can! It takes additional steps but it’s just as easy.
For this example, I’ll use Hotmail. Each web-based platform will have an export function but the location could differ.
Exporting from Web-based Email
In Hotmail, Export is located when you click
- Verify your account
- Choose Excel as the program to open your new .csv file
- Clean up your list, leaving headers in first row. Remember: Cardex only imports contacts with emails
- Save file in an easily accessible location as a CSV (Comma delimited)(*.csv) file (default)
- 6. Close File
Importing text file contacts into Cardex
- From the Menu bar, select Utilities > Cardex Database.
- When the Cardex Database opens, go to the Menu bar and select File > Import.
- Select Comma Delimited file
- Browse to the file and Click Next
- Keep default selections. Click Next
- Select the Cardex fields to map from each field name in your document. (ex. Email was “email address” in my text file so I mapped it to the Cardex field EMAIL.) If the field names match, they will automatically map.
- Click Finish
That’s it. Your contacts are now in your Cardex database!