This is the beginning of a new series of blog posts to help you out with some of the quirks of 7.4. You can find more details in our Knowledge Base but I think you’ll agree this is a much more fun way to get the hi-lights. Trust me; I won’t steer you wrong. I always follow the steps in Point before I post them so I know they work!
Today I’m going to talk about signature dates. Whether you are getting the loan file from somebody else who already entered a signature date or if you created the file using a borrower master template that already had a default date entered, you might need to change the signature dates for either or both of the borrower or interviewer.
So here’s what you do.
If you need to delete or change the borrower signature date:
- From the menu bar, select Interfaces > Fannie Mae > Addendum.
- Remove the Signature Date.
The interviewer date is slightly more complicated.
This date usually defaults to the date the borrower file was created. And it might not be the date you need. It’s easy to change in that instance: Just go to the loan application page 4 and change the date.
If the interviewer date was pre-populated with the import of a master template, then you’ll want to change the master so that the date does not populate for every subsequent file:
- From the left navigation panel, click Templates.
- Select Prospect Master or Borrower Master.
- Double-click the master template that you use to default the Point file.
- When the master template opens, click Interfaces > Fannie Mae > Addendum.
- Remove the date from the Interview Date field.
- From the menu bar, select File > Save.
Don’t miss next time when I’ll be talking about calculations in the 203K worksheet!