Today’s post is about the “Case of the Disappearing Transfer Taxes.” And although I made it sound like a complete mystery, it’s one that is very easy to solve…and it wasn’t the butler!
Point’s quirk with the transfer taxes is that even though it calculates them properly when you click the “City/County Tax/Stamps” button in section 8 of the Fees Worksheet, the fee will disappear the next time you open the file.
Bottom line is that the fee doesn’t save. But it doesn’t have to be an ongoing issue. Here are the steps you take to make sure they save forever-more:
Re-create the City Tax dropdown calculation
- Open the loan file.
- From the menu bar, select Utilities > Dropdown List > City Tax.
- Highlight the dropdown list item that you selected from the City Tax button on the Fees Worksheet.
- Click Delete.
- Once it is deleted, click Add and re-add the dropdown calculation for the city tax.
Now, if you’re in a hurry, you can save that process for the next time and just correct your current file manually:
- Go to the Fees Worksheet.
- Scroll to Section 8 Transfer taxes.
- Click the lock symbol next to Mortgage and then manually enter the fee amount.
Just make sure you go back the utilities to make each subsequent file easier to complete!
SP2, scheduled for release via MyCalyx on March 28, will address items regarding transfer taxes. Find details on our support site soon.
Other solutions for this issue and illustrations can be found in the KB article #0571 or you can call support at 800-342-2599.