It’s a little late for spring cleaning but never too late to get organized! Data folders in Point allow you to organize your files into categories that make finding files and reporting so much easier.
It all starts with Point Administrator.
- Open Point Administrator by going to the desktop and selecting Start > Programs > Calyx Software > Point Administrator.
- In the Data Folders section, click Setup Data Folders.
- In the Data Folder Manager window, click Create New.
- In the New Folder Supervisor Password window, enter a password and click OK. The password will be used to manage the folder.
- Verify the password. Note: The password is case–sensitive. Please write it down for future reference.
In the Create New Data Folder window, click in field 1.
- Enter a location for the new folder, such as, C:Closed Loans. If you are creating the folder on a network location, enter the path where the folder where be created. (For example, \servernameProcessing or G:Archive 2005.) NOTE: Do not create a new data folder inside of the Winpoint folder as the Winpoint folder may be removed when you uninstall or install a new version of Point.
- In field 2, enter the name of the data folder. The data folder name will be displayed within Point. (example: Closed Loans or Processing)
- If you want to restrict access to the folder using Point security, click Yes. If you do not want to restrict access, accept the No default. See Knowledge Base article 0476 if you are setting up security to access Point. Select Yes for Available to users.
- Click OK. The new folder should appear in the Data Folder Manager window.
- Exit Point Administrator.
Need visual aids? Knowledge Base article #375 has step-by-step instructions to help you set up your folders.
Check out our Knowledge Base first if you need assistance with technical support or a specific process. It’s packed with articles and instructions that you can use whenever it’s convenient for you!