December 4, 2013
Calyx Software has over 200 vendors available in Point. Today we announce the addition of two new vendors – AVANTUS IRS Direct and RexHub-Real Estate Exchange Hub.
AVANTUS IRS Direct offers IRS transcripts with e-signature capability which automates the entire 4506-T process directly from Point. AVANTUS IRS Direct allows you to verify up to four years of previous income and receive your tax transcripts in 24 to 48 hours. They can be located in Point at Services > Verifications > AVANTUS IRS Direct.
RexHub-Real Estate Exchange Hub is a software solutions provider for real estate appraisal management. RexHub-Real Estate Exchange Hub was created by compiling feedback from industry players to determine what the industry desired and needed. They can be located in Point at Interfaces > Appraisals > RexHub Real Estate Exchange Web.
Take a moment to explore the newest vendors in Point!
October 3, 2013
Moving forward with Qualified Mortgage (QM) compliance preparation, Calyx is getting you ready for 2014 with screen and calculation updates required for QM compliance.
• “Comparable Par Rate” field has been added to the Fees Worksheet
• “Affiliate” has been added as an option to the “Paid to” dropdown list
Additional updates to screens and calculations have been included in this service pack to make processing loans more efficient and accurate.
• Fees Worksheet
• Good Faith Estimate
• Loan Application
• HUD 1
If you have questions please call our Customer Support Group at 800-342-2599 Monday – Friday 8am – 6pm or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
September 27, 2013
Have you ever been told that there are no stupid questions? Well I think there actually are.
But rather than focus on stupid questions, like perhaps “Who composed Beethoven’s 5th symphony,” I would like to focus on the questions that are so mind bogglingly (is that a word?) simple, yet we don’t think about them until somebody asks them—and then we can’t come up for a good answer!
For this I’d like to bring in some quotes from George Carlin. Here are some of his thought-provoking questions:
- Instead of talking to your plants, if you yelled at them would they still grow, only to be troubled and insecure?
- What’s another word for synonym?
- Isn’t it a bit unnerving that doctors call what they do: ‘practice’?
- When sign makers go on strike, is anything written on their signs?
- Why isn’t there mouse-flavored cat food?
- Why do they report power outages on TV?
- What should you do when you see an endangered animal that is eating an endangered plant?
- If a turtle loses his shell, is it naked or homeless?
- Why don’t sheep shrink when it rains?
- Should vegetarians eat animal crackers?
I hope you enjoyed these as much as I do. Make sure you check in next week to catch some exciting Calyx news!
September 24, 2013
We’re here to help.
Calyx is proud to offer free technical support to all of our current customers. We don’t limit support to particular accounts or even to the number of users that can call from each account. Free is free to all users of current accounts. This applies to phone support, emails, online message boards, even our social media pages. Support for our products is available at 800-342-2599 beginning at 8am through 7pm Central (depending on the product). Emails sent to email@example.com are answered during business hours as well.
But if technical support isn’t quite enough—for instance maybe you’re upgrading to PointCentral or Path and need additional help getting set up beyond the typical installation, or maybe you have a whole new team you want to bring up to speed at the same time— we have experts who can help.
Our team of professional consultants have years of industry experience and in-depth knowledge of our software. They can help you get set up and running smoothly in no time. Whether you need personal online support or an in-house consultation, you can get what you need from Calyx Professional Services. Just call 800-362-2599 to get your customized program started.
In the meantime, you and all of your users can participate in our many scheduled online training sessions designed to make you a super-user of our software and get efficient—fast! Take as many classes as you need—as many times as you want. Our online training sessions are also free to all users of current accounts. Just visit our Schedule and sign up for the next available class! You can also check out our Knowledge Base for helpful tips and tricks.
We appreciate our users and want to make sure you feel confident that your software is helping your loan processes run smoothly and efficiently. Let us help.
September 19, 2013
If you’re on Point 9.0, you’re getting there. With the new “QM button” you can run a QM determination on your loans in seconds.
With that determination, you will instantly know the QM type and the liability protection level based on the available loan data. You also get Points & Fees assessments with all fees detailed and explained as well as the QM Qual Rate. And perhaps the best part? You get comprehensive evidence of compliance with every report you run—and you’ll want to run a report at each stage of the loan process.
If you know now if you’re producing QM loans, the January 10th deadline will be just another day for you. Get your business in shape before the end of the year and you’ll be ahead of your competition.
If you need to update your Point loan origination software to Version 9.0, call your account manager today at 800-362-2599.
September 12, 2013
As we embark upon the second half of the month, I wanted to call your attention to National Preparedness Month and a few things you can do to make sure you are prepared in the event of a disaster.
There are any number of agencies and organizations that provide this type of information, but the most popular, and perhaps the most informative, is FEMA. Not only does FEMA have a wealth of information on their website, anyone can take their online courses to become more aware and prepared.
This isn’t about underground bunkers and bomb shelters like in Brendan Frasier’s movie “Blast from the Past,” although I think that would be really cool to have. Unfortunately Texas soil is not quite ideal for underground shelters or even basements.
But it is about just having a few things available ready to grab or use in the case of an emergency. We have tornadoes here so disasters come with little or no specific warnings—but there is a lot we can do to be ready for the inevitable power outages. Those of you in hurricane areas or flood zones have your own issues.
Here is a list of things that FEMA recommends you keep available in a basic emergency supply kit. Remember, you should be able to support yourself after an emergency event for at least 3 days.
- Water, one gallon of water per person per day for at least three days, for drinking and sanitation
- Food, at least a three-day supply of non-perishable food
- Battery-powered or hand crank radio and a NOAA Weather Radio with tone alert and extra batteries for both
- Flashlight and extra batteries
- First aid kit
- Whistle to signal for help
- Dust mask to help filter contaminated air and plastic sheeting and duct tape to shelter-in-place
- Moist towelettes, garbage bags and plastic ties for personal sanitation
- Wrench or pliers to turn off utilities
- Manual can opener for food
- Local maps
- Cell phone with chargers, inverter or solar charge
You can find more comprehensive information at FEMA.gov.
September 6, 2013
WebCaster has been updated!
Here are the highlights of WebCaster 3.1:
- Payment field display: This new field displays a checkbox and monthly payment field in the Rate Sheet section of the product edit page to enable display of monthly payments on WebCaster’s product pages
- My Account Page: Hyperlinked directions for third party email services have been disabled and removed from the borrower login screen to meet compliance mandates
- CNAME change: The setup configuration for custom domains is changing from an “A-Record” IP address to a CNAME URL (secure.web-loans.com) to allow greater flexibility
For more information, visit the What’s New in Webcaster page or KB article #0840.
If you have questions, please contact our WebCaster Customer Support Group at 800-342-2599 during our normal business hours, Monday – Friday 8am – 6pm Central or email firstname.lastname@example.org..